With the ever-changing trends in the world of technology, companies too have to hustle through to attract the best skills and talents. We also keep an eye on the kind of jobs they are looking to add to their workforce. We expect that these jobs will be in demand for 2018 taking the long-term prospects, industry growth trends, and salaries into consideration.
So, here we list our hot tech jobs in demand for the year ahead:
Business Intelligence Analyst:
It is one of the hottest jobs now as a Business intelligence analyst keeps abreast with the economic health of the company. They screen through the trends, competition, and internal data to decipher the problem areas and how it can be rectified. Their expertise lies in the database analysis and reporting. They should understand the data needs of their business and optimize their processes.
A business intelligence analyst in Australia earns an average of $80,000 annually. Their salaries, however, range from $50K to $120K depending on their skill set and experience.
The Job responsibility of a Business Analyst is to
- Gather data for a centralized database warehouse by analyzing and designing specific applications.
- Report and expedite data sharing from multiple systems and databases by extracting them from servers and repositories.
- Skillfully use the database query and reporting tools for data analysis.
- Design database and generate validation reports for a collection of standardized information.
Though many consider the roles of a Data Scientist and a Data Engineer to be similar, the fact is their roles are significantly different. Where Data engineers spend their time assembling and organizing data, Data Scientists access those data to analyze and engineer solutions to possible problems.
They are expected to:
- Design and create innovative data models for data mining and production.
- Predict future capabilities by examining the innovative techniques to improve and filter quality.
- Study and interpret various experiments from new data sources or ingenious usage of existing sources.
- Create multiple algorithms and predictive applications, prototypes and custom programs for data analysis.
The database maintenance and development are in the realm of a Database Developer’s responsibility. They have to function under a purview of a particular standard of database procedures. Their primary responsibility is to create solutions to monitor and debug databases. They should have experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or IBM-DB2, etc.
They earn an average of $70K, and their tasks include:
- Development of database solutions from the feedback from clients and business analysts to successfully satisfy business needs.
- To coordinate the business intelligence and automation applications.
- Designing and operating the database solutions by supporting the database services.
Also known as Sys-admins, is still a very demanding job. They look after the all the system installations and their maintenance. They perform periodic checkups and monitor system’s health. They look after the data storage, speed, and backups. They primarily provide technical support for the smooth functioning of all the organization’s systems. The average annual salary ranges between $60-70K depending on work experience.
Their core competencies include:
- Building and maintaining a healthy system hub for the efficient functioning of the day to day business of the company.
- Troubleshooting system glitches, installing firewalls to block the malware and doing routine checkups and maintenance.
- Checking the systems for regular updates and upgrades.
- Extending support to administration and operations.
Right from storing and arranging the data to securing the databases is the responsibility of a Data Administrator. He should be competent enough to segregate, rearrange and sort them as and when required by the organization. They should have the ability to install or replace databases with the latest upgrades. They should be high on critical thinking and solve complex problems.
They should possess programming and engineering skills.
The average salary runs to the tune of $50-$60 K, and they are expected to:
- Produce efficient methodologies for the data integration and coordination within a system.
- Secure data and its accessibility to the consumers.
- Deliver support and train the organizational workforce with their data management support.
- Create codes and applications to test the quality of the data management process.
Help Desk / Support Desk:
In any business, whether it is business to business or business to consumers, a support desk holds the most thankless yet strongest pillar in an organization. To ensure client’s satisfaction, they are the company’s first line of defense. But, they need to arm themselves with the right tech-skills and knowledge. Most of the time, they have to troubleshoot the common, occurring issues. The expectation of these jobs range from customer service skills to the technical know how’s. Hence the job description and needs for this post may vary from business to business. The salaries for these jobs vary a lot. They range from $35K – 60K depending on nature and experience.
The basic tasks are:
- Client servicing and also providing solutions to common issues and teething problems.
- To monitor and log the daily performance of the systems.
- To maintain system inventories and inform the vendors of upgrades and installations.
- To troubleshoot system snags, documenting the fixes and other system challenges.
There are other jobs in demand too such as network administrators and data security admins. But, we figured that the above roles have a global market, and they command reasonable salaries for the entry levels too. So, grab the opportunities that will present itself in 2018 or equip yourself by learning the skills to join the race.