About the Course
This hands on one day course will teach participants how to create a marketing email or newsletter by hand coding the HTML and CSS. You will learn the best practises for building a responsive email design that will ensure an excellent user experience for desktop, webmail and mobile users. After completing this course you will be able to create a single-column email with a fluid layout and a more complex two column layout that will convert to a single column layout on most mobile devices by using media queries.
Who should do this course?
This course is designed for people who want to learn to use HTML to build marketing emails or newsletters.
Participants should have completed the 'Introduction to HTML' course - or have equivalent knowledge before commencing this course. It is also highly recommended that participants have a basic understanding of CSS to get the most value from this course.
Sydney Class Dates
Melbourne Class Dates
Brisbane Class Dates
Canberra Class Dates
Adelaide Class Dates
Perth Class Dates
Expand full topic list
Unit 1: Simple Responsive Layout: Part I
- Coding the Outer Table
- Placing the Header Image
- Nesting an Inner Table
- Adding the Text-Based Content
- Fixing a Gap Below Images
Unit 2: Simple Responsive Layout: Part II
- Styling the Content Using Embedded Styles
- Managing Bulleted Lists
- Making the Email Responsive
- Introduction to Media Queries
Unit 3: 2-Column Layout: Media Queries
- Coding the Nested Table Structure
- Writing Styles for Desktop and Mobile Versions
- Media Queries for Fine Tuning Mobile Responsive Design
- Modifying Media Queries
Unit 4: Mobile-Friendly Column Layout
- Coding the Table for the 2-Column Content
- Converting the Mobile Layout to 1-Column
- Adding the Other Date Listings
- Refining the CSS for a Classier Look
Unit 5: Optimizing Images for Mobile
- HTML Email Image Quality: A Balancing Act
- Dealing with Hi-Res/Retina Images
- Swapping the Banner on Mobile
- Further Optimizing the Mobile Banner
Unit 6: Optimizing the Mobile Layout
- Sizing Up Paragraph Text on Mobile
- Removing Excess Margins on Mobile
- Removing the Table Borders
Unit 7: Best Practices: Preflight
- Adding a Preheader to Entice Mobile Users
- Inlining the Styles with MailChimp’s Inliner
Unit 8: Responsive Footer
- Structuring the Footer Layout
- Styling the Footer
- Optimizing the Footer for Smaller Mobile Devices
Unit 9: Progressive Enhancement
- Rounding Image Corners with Border Radius
- Adding CSS Box Shadow
- Using Google Web Fonts
Fill in your details to have a training consultant contact you to discuss your training needs.
Thank you for your enquiry. A consultant will contact with you shortly to assist in your enquiry.
To return to the top of the page, click here.