1. IntroductionDynamic Web Training® Pty Ltd ("Dynamic Web Training", "we", "us", "our") recognises the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the National Privacy Principles incorporated into the Privacy Act 1988 (C'th) ("NPPs").
For the purposes of this privacy statement, the word "you" includes website visitors, Dynamic Web Training registered users and purchasers of Dynamic Web Training products and services.
In this privacy statement, "Dynamic web Training" means Dynamic Web Training Pty Ltd (ABN 97 094 737 498) and its related bodies corporate.
The purpose of this privacy statement is to inform you about:
1. What personal information about you is collected by Dynamic Web Training
2. How the information is used
3. With whom the information may be shared
4. How you can access and change any personal information Dynamic Web Training holds about you
5. What security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information by Dynamic Web Training
6. How to contact Dynamic Web Training
This privacy statement applies to any personal information you provide to us:
- When visiting the Dynamic Web Training website
- When using Dynamic Web Training’s online services
- When entering into an agreement with Dynamic Web Training
- When you correspond, or communicate with Dynamic Web Training over the telephone or in any other manner including by letter, facsimile or email
2. What types of information do we collect?
Dynamic Web Training gathers two types of information about you, namely:a. Aggregated information generated by our systems (or third party systems) to track our website traffic but that which does not identify you personally; and
b. Personal information about you such as your name, address, telephone and facsimile number, email address and in some cases, your billing details and general financial and credit information.
The type of information that Dynamic Web Training collects about you is dependent on how you use the services offered on our website and the products and services you are interested in purchasing from Dynamic Web Training.
Generally, Dynamic Web Training does not collect 'sensitive information' about you. Sensitive information includes (but is not limited to) information about your race or ethnic origin, your religion and your sexual preferences. Dynamic Web Training will only collect sensitive information about you in the event that it is necessary for the purpose of providing you with a product or service. In such circumstances, Dynamic Web Training will only collect sensitive information with your consent unless we are required by law to collect such information from you.
Collection of aggregate dataDynamic Web Training collects information on our site visitors collectively, including which sections of the site are most frequently visited, how often and for how long. This data is always used as aggregated, non-personal information. We utilise this information to improve and enhance our services by monitoring the areas on the site which are most popular to you.<>
Third Party MeasurementIn order to better understand our users, Dynamic Web Training will utilise third party measurement companies, such as Nielsen//NetRatings and Omniture to assess site traffic. Measurement codes and cookies are used to collect the following information on the usage of the site:
- The number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on the Dynamic Web Training site;
- The number of unique visitors to Dynamic Web Training;
- How long these unique visitors (on average) spend on the site when they do visit; and
- Common entry and exit points
Your Internet Provider ("IP") addressDynamic Web Training’s web servers provide us with your IP address. This assists us in the diagnosis of problems and or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Cookies and AppletsDynamic Web Training uses 'cookies' and 'applets' in its website systems. These enable you to use services such as the online booking system and finding training course information. You are able to disable cookies and applets via your computer's web browser however this will restrict access to some web pages and services within the Dynamic Web Training website.
3. How we collect informationDynamic Web Training may collect personal information about you when you visit our website and you elect to use our on-line services, when you submit a course enquiry or course booking, when you enter into a contract with Dynamic Web Training and, when you deal with Dynamic Web Training over the telephone or correspond with Dynamic Web Training via facsimile, letter or email or any other mode of communication.
Dynamic Web Training may also collect personal information about you from our third party service providers.
4. How we use your personal informationYour personal information will be used for two primary purposes. First, it will be used to ensure the proper functioning of Dynamic Web Training products and services to provide the highest level of service for our customers. Secondly, your personal information may be used by Dynamic Web Training for marketing, planning, product development, research, account administration and fraud and crime prevention and investigation.
Dynamic Web Training may use your personal information for one or more of the following purposes or related purposes:
- to communicate with you, including via email newsletters
- to facilitate and process contracts between yourself and Dynamic Web Training and/or third parties
- to verify your identity
- to identify the number of people using Dynamic Web Training’s website services and establish the nature of their interests
- to respond to enquiries or feedback
- to research and develop existing and new products and services
- to facilitate Dynamic Web Training registration
- to ensure the proper functioning of Dynamic Web Training services and products
- to conduct Dynamic Web Training marketing activities
- to provide you with information about Dynamic Web Training and its services and products
- where the personal information is to be used by Dynamic web Training for the purposes described in section 5 of this privacy statement
- when Dynamic Web Training is required or authorised by law to disclose the personal information
- when the individual to which the personal information relates specifically consents in writing to the use or disclosure.
5. Disclosure of personal information to third partiesDynamic Web Training may disclose your personal information to third party contractors who perform services for us including the management and maintenance of our information systems.
Dynamic Web Training may transfer information to persons outside Australia (eg a contractor located in the USA who provides us with services). By giving us your personal information, you consent to such disclosures. In addition, we believe that the recipients of such information are subject to a law, binding scheme or contract which effectively upholds principles for fair handling of the information that are substantially similar to the NPPs.
Dynamic Web Training may also disclose your personal information internally for the purposes of marketing, planning, product development, research, account administration and other related purposes and externally for the purposees of fraud and crime prevention and investigation and other related purposes. To perform these activities, Dynamic web Training may share your personal information with:
- service providers such as data processing and data analysis agents, printing contractors, customer service organisations, call centres, professional advisors, auditors, delivery companies and mailing organisations
- other organisations as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for the prevention or detection of unlawful activities
Other than as outlined above, Dynamic Web Training will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
6. Access to and correction of information we hold about youUpon your request, Dynamic Web Training will provide you with access to your personal information unless there is an exception which applies under the NPPs. If we deny such access, we will tell you why.
Dynamic Web Training may recover any reasonable costs incurred in providing you access to the requested information.
If you are a Dynamic Web Training Registered User, you can access your registered profile at any time.
To request access to your personal information, please contact Dynamic Web Training using one of the contact options provided in section 12 of this privacy statement.
7. Keeping information up to dateDynamic Web Training strives to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date at all times.
8. Storage and security of your personal information
Dynamic Web Training takes reasonable steps to protect the security of your personal information in accordance with this privacy statement.Dynamic Web Training regularly reviews and implements new security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
While Dynamic Web Training strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant to you that the security of any information you transmit to us or obtain from our online products or services. Accordingly, use is at your own risk.
Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
9. Links to other websites
The Dynamic Web Training website contains links to other websites. Please note that these links are intended for your convenience only.Links to third party websites do not constitute endorsement, sponsorship or approval by Dynamic Web Training of the content, policies or practices of those third party websites.
If you have any concerns regarding your privacy when visiting a linked third party, you should ensure that you check the privacy statement/policies of those websites.
10. Destruction of your personal informationDynamic Web Training will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify any personal information about you once the information is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or as authorised or required by law.
11. Changes to Dynamic Web Training’s privacy statementFrom time to time, Dynamic Web Training may make changes to this privacy statement. Accordingly, we encourage you to periodically review this statement to remain informed about how we collect and protect your personal information.
Your continued use of the Dynamic Web Training website constitutes your acceptance of the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to the extent outlined in this privacy statement as amended from time to time.
For further information about the protection of your privacy, please visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.
12. Feedback and questions about privacy and the Dynamic Web Training websiteDynamic Web Training welcomes ideas and feedback about all aspects of the Dynamic Web Training website. This feedback may be used to administer and refine the services we provide and may be shared with Dynamic Web Training partners either in aggregate form or with specific identifying characteristics removed.
If you have any questions regarding this privacy statement, practices of the Dynamic Web Training website or your dealings with Dynamic Web Training, you can contact us in the following ways:
Telephone: 1300 888 724 (from within Australia)
+61 2 9957 1366
Facsimile: +61 2 9957 1377
Post: General Manager
Dynamic Web Training
Level 11, 32 Walker Street