About the Course
This 2 day course focuses on knowledge and comprehension of core IT solutions architectures. Instructors introduce the processes, approach and benefits involved, and the critical gaps involved in solution delivery within any business. Learn about the positioning of solutions such as J2EE, DotNet, Cisco’s SONA, SAP AF and more.
Who should do this course?
This course is intended for IT / business professionals working in roles associated with IT projects who require a basic understanding of IT Solutions Architecture. This includes enterprise architects, project managers, solution architects, and application designers.
Participants should be IT or business professionals with a solid understanding of technology, who need to better understand the core principles involved in IT architecture and frameworks.
This course is currently upon demand in Melbourne
379 Collins Street,
Melbourne , VIC 3000
This course is currently upon demand in Brisbane
C/O Support Technology
Level 6, 371 Queen Street,
Brisbane , QLD 4000
This course is currently upon demand in Canberra
C/O Atlas Business Services
Level 1, 33 Ainslie Place,
Canberra , ACT 2601
This course is currently upon demand in Adelaide
C/O The International Visualisation Centre (IVC)
19 Young Street,
Adelaide , SA 5000
This course is currently upon demand in Perth
C/O Saxons Training Facilities
Level 1, 140 St Georges Terrace,
Perth , WA 6000
Please Join the waiting list and We'll notify you when a new class is scheduled or if a place becomes available.
Expand full topic list
Unit 1: Introduction
- What is IT architecture
- Differentiation between EA / SA and other IT architectures
- Why is IT solution architecture needed
- Why do you develop IT solution architectures
- How do you develop IT solution architectures
Unit 2: IT Solution architecture overview
- What is IT Solution architecture
- How does IT solution architecture link to IT Enterprise Architecture
Unit 3: Major types of IT solution architectures
- Proprietary solutions
- open solutions
- de-facto solutions
- industry vertical solutions
Unit 4: Practical Session
- Enterprise Architecture vs. Solutions Architecture: The roles of Enterprise and Solution architects are complementary and collaborative in nature. However these are generally misunderstood leading to IT solution architecture project failures. Through this exercise, the Participants learn to understand the obvious and not-so-obvious differences in these roles and the grey area of Enterprise Architecture to Solutions Architecture handshaking.
Unit 5: Characteristics of good IT solution architecture
- Fit for purpose
- Alignment to Enterprise Architecture
Unit 6: IT bespoke application solution architectures
- Vendor platforms
- Open software platforms
Unit 7: IT package solutions architectures
Unit 8: IT integration solution architectures
- Business integration
- Application integration
- Data integration
- Infrastructure integration
Unit 9: IT front end / desktop architectures
- Vendor architectures
- Open architectures
Unit 10: IT SaaS / Cloud computing architectures
- Application cloud layer
- Infrastructure cloud layer
Unit 11: IT Communication based architectures
- Infrastructure services
- Application services
Unit 12: IT outsourcing / off shoring architectures
- Call centres
- Data centres
- Development centres
- BPO centres
Unit 13: Practical Session
- Selecting the right architecture: In IT solution architecture, one often faces the challenges of selecting the right architecture. The criteria for such selection should focus on business value and fit as well as on the technical feasibility .The participants learn the process of setting the criteria and selection through this workshop.
Unit 14: IT Solution Architecture implementation techniques
- Practical hints
- Pitfalls and cautions
- Trade offs
Unit 15: Practical Session
- Analysing complex hybrid architecture: IT solution architectures can be quite complex especially if there involve hybrid technologies from several vendors. The student learns through this exercise techniques for analysing complexity and associated risks as well as work out mitigation strategies
Fill in your details to have a training consultant contact you to discuss your training needs.
Thank you for your enquiry. A consultant will contact with you shortly to assist in your enquiry.
To return to the top of the page, click here.